Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dear Chatterboxes,
Yay our first blog! WOOHOO! Thanks to YongJin for putting it together!:)

ANNOUNCEMENTS

1) Happy Birthday to Eden! Turning 13 on January 8th woooo!


2) Next week cell as usual, Saturdays, 4pm. We have a NEW room(yay) at Blk 6C #1-78. We should also be expecting a newcomer next week- Estella. I'm counting on you guys to make her feel welcome alright! I know you guys are friendly peeps:)


3) Youth Baptism Class
First class begins 27th Jan. The form needs to be handed up by next week, 12th Jan, Saturday, during cell.

I just want to remind you guys that Baptism is something that is very serious and personal. You can try to assess yourself this week by asking these questions...

- What is baptism?
- What does baptism mean to me as a Christian?
- Why do I want to be baptised?

I think it depends on how you want to take that step further with God. If you've assessed yourself and you feel that you're not ready, don't fret! What's most important is that you are honest with yourself, and next time when you ARE ready, you will be better prepared to take on this commitment:) Again, it's not about what your friends are doing, or what your parents say. If you know yourself well, you can be responsible by making a wise decision!:) The cell will definitely respect you for that:)

Likewise for those who wish to be baptised, it's a wonderful step of faith for you!:) I myself waited for a long time before I got baptised only in 2007 because I previously felt I wasn't ready. My journey with God has since been challenging, but definitely good:) So expect God ya!:)

If you guys have any questions, feel free to approach YongJin or me:)
Reminder: We're not monsters just because we're cell leaders ok. Any problem you wanna share we'd be more than eager to listen and help you:)


4) This website is free for all. I will post up most of the announcements up here, so please check this regularly. I need to cut down on the number of SMSes I send to you guys! Hahahaahahaah! I will try to journal or share any thoughts here...you guys can do it too:) This blog is open to anything and everything...from prayer requests, to testimonies, or just plain journal entries, or even good old ranting.

Any suggestions for this blog please share too:) Just one thing- PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE do not spam. It will clog up the whole blogger system and we'll all have a hard time. So yeah START WRITING!:D


That should be it:) I'll see you guys next Sat!:) Enjoy orientation!:)




truly,
Kristie

No comments: